Augrabies Falls National Park
AUGRABIES FALLS NATIONAL PARK A national park located around the Augrabies Falls, about 120 km west of Upington in the Northern Cape Province. The Khoi people called it "Aukoerebis", or place of Great Noise, as this powerful flow of water is unleashed from rocky surroundings characterised by the 18km abyss of the Orange River Gorge. The 28 000 hectares on both the northern and southern sides of the Orange River provide sanctuary to a diversity of species, from the very smallest succulents, birds and reptiles to springbok, gemsbok and the endangered black rhino.
- SELF-DRIVE PACKAGES INCLUDES:.
- 2 nights accommodation at Augrabies Falls National Park in a Self- Catering Chalet.
- Rates based on 2 Adults and 2 Children sharing.
- 2 Children under 12 years sharing with 2 adults pays approximately R211 per child..
- Facilites include:.
- Waterfall viewpoints.
- Game viewing at leisure and own vehicle.
- Hiking Trails.
Established in 1966, the Augrabies Falls National Park covers an area of 820 km squared and stretches along the Orange River. The area is very arid, the waterfall is about 60 metres high and is awe-inspiring when the river is in flood. The gorge below the falls averages about 240 meters deep, runs for 18 kilometres and an impressive example of erosion into a granitic basement.
- All travel offers are capacity controlled and are thus subject to availability at the time of reservation.
- Prices advertised are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and changes in the currency rate-of-exchange.
- Self-drive rates exclude flights and car hire.
- Standard terms and conditions apply.
Validity: from 2020-10-23 to 2021-10-31
Standard Price: from N$900 per person
Destination: South Africa
Holiday Style: Leisure Holidays